Ethos and Values
We passionately believe that an ability to successfully learn and achieve promotes equality of opportunity, and helps to transcend barriers of poverty, health and circumstance.
We also believe that the school is the heart of the community it serves; our local community deserve every opportunity to share the best possible facilities and resources.
Working together, we know that we can achieve the unattainable - an outstanding level of educational provision, that meets the needs of every learner, and enables every one to lead active, happy, healthy and fulfilling lives.
In a rapidly changing world, we believe that we have a responsibility to:
- Meet the needs and raise the expectations for success of every learner; to encourage them to be bold and brave in their thinking!
- Nurture the knowledge skills and values that enable independence and cooperation, reflection and the ability to unlearn and relearn;
- Help learners to develop a passion for learning, and the skills of self discipline;
- Provide opportunities for successful personal and social interaction in an ever increasing technological age;
- Encourage creativity and collaboration, communication and competition;
- Develop outstanding levels of pedagogy, a world class commitment to the craft of the teacher and learner;
- Raise levels of achievement and standards, so that every young learner leaves our care with the skills and qualifications they need to lead successful lives.