Harlington School is committed to providing the best possible care and education to its pupils and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
The School is also committed to providing a supportive and flexible working environment to all its members of staff.
The School recognises that, in order to achieve these aims, it is of fundamental importance to attract, recruit and retain staff of the highest calibre who shares this commitment.
The aims of the School’s recruitment policy are as follows:
- to ensure that the best possible staff are recruited on the basis of their merits, abilities and suitability for the position
- to ensure that all job applicants are considered equitably and consistently
- to ensure that no job applicant is treated unfairly on any grounds including race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious belief, sex or sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, disability or age
- to ensure compliance with all relevant recommendations and guidance including the recommendations of the Local Safeguarding Childrens Board and Safer Recruitment in Education and the code of practice published by the Disclose and Barring Service.
- to ensure that the School meets its commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people by carrying out all necessary pre-employment checks
Employees involved in the recruitment and selection of staff are responsible for familiarising themselves with and complying with the provisions of this policy.