At Harlington we agree with Tom Peters who said, ‘Leaders don’t create followers, they create more leaders’ and to that end the school is actively involved in a number of schemes which are designed to provide our recently qualified staff, our middle and our senior leaders, the tools to become outstanding leaders of the future.
At the moment the following initiatives are operating:
- Colleagues are undertaking the NPQML training for middle leaders. This programme also offers points towards a Masters qualification.
- Two members of staff are currently studying for their NPQH to prepare them for headship.
- Senior leaders have the opportunity to complete an internship at another school in the borough.
- We support members of staff in their own academic studies and a number of staff have completed MAs in their own subjects areas and in Education. One member of staff is currently embarking on a PhD in Educational Management.
- Middle leaders wishing to experience senior leadership at first hand are given the opportunity to join the team for a year as part of our SLT Secondment Programme, involving themselves fully in all leadership roles.
- All of the Leadership Committee are undertaking a ‘Leadership Development Programme’ as a team
If you join Harlington School then your potential as a leader will be nurtured and developed.